Some Foods to Avoid

If you are suffering from diabetes, type 1 or type 2, there are certain foods that should be avoided at all costs. It is only balanced diet in combination with exercise that can help you control this near fatal disease. One could still remain healthy by controlling food habits despite being diabetic.

 Avoid or reduce the intake of these foods.


Foods to Avoid by Diabetics

Some foods are always "no-no" for diabetics. Fruit sugar, pastries, sugar, jam, molasses, cream, soft drinks and fried foods should be avoided at all costs. Similarly butter and hydrogenated vegetable oils needs to be avoided as well.

Foods to be drastically reduced

Not all foods need to be reduced drastically. But white sugar and white flour are two items that should be done away with if possible. Another food item to reduce drastically is fatty butter and the one to be totally avoided is soft drinks. Avoiding these will not only control blood sugar but also blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and thereby reduces risks that occur due to diabetes. Sugar does not mean white sugar alone but honey, jaggery, jam, jelly, juice, chocolates, pie, syrup, artificial sweeteners, cream, cookies, and cake as well.
 
As I go out every morning, I see a lot of women queuing at the Fast Food Joints to get foods for their kids.  I use to wonder why they buy these processed foods everyday and I am becoming worried for these children because of the health hazards these children may eventually face because of these foods.  In my quest to find a way of discouraging people from feeding their children with these foods.  I was able to find this picture from the Punch Newspaper this morning and I decided to share it with my readers.

I hope it helps.